Intangible Tax


Intangible tax is a local tax levied on gross earnings received from intangible property such as savings accounts, stocks, bonds, accounts receivable, and mortgages. It is not to be confused with the state income tax, which is used to support state government.

Who must file an intangibles return: All Kansas residents and corporations owning taxable property and every nonresident owning accounts receivable or other intangible property with a Kansas business situs, receiving earnings from this property during the calendar year or fiscal year just ending, must file an intangibles tax return if the TAX due is $5 or more.

If you live in an area that has no intangibles tax, or your tax is less than $5, you do not have to file an intangibles tax return.

When and Where to File: If you have intangibles income, an intangibles tax return must be filed with Graham County Clerk's Office on or before April 15.  (There are no provisions for extensions of time to file an intangible tax return.) Do not attach the intangibles return to the Kansas Income Tax return.

The county clerk will compute your tax and you, will be billed for this tax by your local county treasurer in November. If your return is delinquent, you may be assessed interest and/or penalty by the county treasurer’s office. This would be included in your tax billing when you receive it. If your intangible tax is less than $5, you will not be billed. Do not send any payment for intangibles tax to the Kansas Department of Revenue.

Listed at right, as a related document is a listing of all Townships, Cities and the County and the rate of Intangible Tax this is collected for the Taxing Unit.

For any questions you have on your intangibles please contact the County Clerk at (785) 421-3453.

Graham County Intangibles - 0 %

Allodium Twp2.25
Bryant Twp2.25
Gettysburg Twp2.25
Graham Twp2.25
Happy Twp2.25
Millbrook Twp2.25
Nicodemus Twp2.25
Pioneer Twp2.25
Solomon Twp2.25